Ming Xiao Manufacturing Co., Ltd
RM 506,#11 Bldg. Dongcheng Shuian,
Zhonghe Street,Yinzhou District,
Ningbo, 315100, China
What is Cold Forging?
Ming Xiao as a metal parts manufacturer custom cold forging parts many years, and use cold forging process to produce rough parts for our machine parts to save the material cost.
The cold forging process also known as cold heading, it's one of the new processes for processing metal cutting without cutting. It is a method of processing the required parts or blanks by utilizing the plastic deformation of the metal under external force and by means of the mold to redistribute and transfer the metal volume. The cold heading process is best suited for the production of standard fasteners such as bolts, screws, nuts, rivets, pins.
The equipment commonly used in the cold heading process is a dedicated cold heading machine. If the production volume is not too large, it can also be replaced by a crank press or a friction press. With the rapid development of China's national economy, the multi-station automatic cold heading machine designed and manufactured by the Chinese working class has reached the advanced level of specialization and high efficiency.
Cold Forging Machine
Cold Forging Processing
Rough parts from cold forging
More informations about cold forging service
The main advantages of the cold heading process
1. Cold heading is carried out under normal temperature conditions. Cold heading can improve the mechanical properties of metal parts. The following table compares the mechanical strength of cold head bolts and machined bolts:
It can be seen from the table that the tensile strength after cold heading is about 10% higher than that of the cutting process, and some can even be increased by 20%. This is because the metal fibers of the cold-processed product are not cut, the internal structure of the metal is compacted, and the work hardening phenomenon is accompanied, so that the mechanical properties of the metal are improved.
2. The cold heading process can improve material utilization. Taking cold head bolts as an example, the new process "dent" hex head bolts have a material utilization rate of over 99%. In addition to the loss of the material tail, it achieved complete machining without cutting. If cutting is used, the material utilization rate is only 40%. The material utilization rate of the cold head nut is also about 80%, and the material utilization rate of the machined nut is only 54%.
3. The cold heading process can greatly increase productivity. For example, the cold head nut is about 25 to 30 times more productive than the original cutting process.
4. Due to the multi-station cold heading machine, each process is processed on one machine at the same time, which reduces equipment investment, reduces the production space occupied by equipment, and reduces the semi-products in each process. Transportation, in particular, has reduced the labor intensity of workers and improved working conditions.
5. The cold heading process can improve the surface finish of the product and ensure the accuracy of the product. The general finish is up to V5 and the special requirements are up to V6. For mass production of bolts, nuts, etc., the accuracy can be guaranteed.
The cold heading process is increasingly used in the production of mechanical manufacturing, especially standard fasteners, due to its high productivity, good product quality, and greatly reduced material consumption, reduced production costs, and improved labor conditions. The most representative products produced by multi-station cold heading machines are bolts, screws and nuts.